July 24, 2020
On behalf of the Montgomery County Muslim Council, we would like to invite you to attend a “Discussion on Muslims Building A More Equitable Future, Vote-Engage-Mobilize” with Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez. This will be a virtual event that will be held on July 29, 2020 from 6PM to 7PM.
In view of the upcoming November 2020 Election Year, it is a critical year for us to ensure that our Muslim Communities Vote. We are seeking to reach out to Muslim communities across Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania at which we are expecting at least 100 key community leaders across the region. The following leaders have confirmed that they will be joining us on the Zoom Webinar.
- Chairman Tom Perez, Democratic National Committee
- Sharif Street, Pennsylvania State Senator (PA)
- Shahan Rizvi, Howard County Democratic Central Committee Chairman (MD)
- Abrar Omeish, Fairfax County Board of Education-at-Large Member (VA)
- Qasim Rashid, Democratic Congressional Candidate for VA-01 (VA)
- Farooq Mitha, Biden for President, Muslim Outreach Director
EMGAGE will also be providing a short presentation on the make up of the Muslim voters across these three states. Our goal is to mobilize a grassroots engagement strategy where Muslims understand that the greatest impact comes from voting, the ways that they can get involved within the Democratic party, and to hear about the inroads that Muslim Americans have made within the political landscape to ensure that our issues do get represented at every level within the political spectrum.
RSVP Required: https://bit.ly/MuslimCommunityDiscussion
We ask that you circulate this widely within your community so that we can get the maximum audience for this exciting event!
Montgomery County Muslim Council